Because I love “Top 5” lists, and because I’ve seen these mistakes made over and over.
1) Make your hunting partners wait on you in the mornings while you (a) put on makeup, (b) try on different camo outfits, (c) put on any sort of body spray or perfume, or (d) make a cappuccino.
2) Do lots of complaining about it being too hot, too cold, too wet, too windy, too steep, or too far.
3) Give up after the first day.
4) Demand to go back to camp/home/town for potty breaks, coffee refills, lunch or because you left your favorite dipping sauce for your breakfast sausages at home. (True story)
5) Don’t give it your complete 150% effort.
I’m adding this one in separately because who wants to read a “Top 6 reasons….”?
Leave your hunting partner by his or herself overnight in a canyon 7 miles from camp with a bull elk to take care of, with no food or fire starter, in November with snow on the ground. You will most definitely not be asked back to camp if you do this. (Also a true story)